A Catholic Response to the Environmental Crisis
UK Climate and Ecological Emergency (CEE) Bill
This Bill was tabled by Caroline Lucas, Green Party leader, and is supported by MPs of all parties, and by organisations like Green Christian and Operation Noah.
You can write to your MP to lobby for their support of this bill. Find them here. Ask them to support the CEE Bill, and remember to include your address and phone number to show that you are in their constituency.
1) On the CEE Bill Campaign site, you will find a website where you can enter your postcode to find your local election candidates.
2) You can use this template or your own words (short and simple might work best) to ask all of them to support the Bill.
The G7 Summit 2021
The G7 Summit is the annual meeting of the Group of Seven leaders. It is an intergovernmental organisation made up of the world’s largest developed economies: France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada. Invitations are extended to the EU, the UN, China, India, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, South Korea and to the leaders of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.
It is to take place from 11-13th June in Carbis Bay, near St Ives. Background information can be found here.
Besides the ongoing challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, leaders are expected to address trade, climate change, and technological changes. The G7 Official Page invites comments from the public.
Point out that the G7 members must:
• Commit to ending destructive and polluting businesses and agriculture
• Promote sustainable businesses and agriculture
• Commit to zero carbon emissions
Mention any other environmental issues that you’re concerned about. Remember, short and simple makes your letter easy to read.
Laudato Si Animators UK