Are you passionate about wanting to eradicate poverty, care for the Earth and experienced at working with small groups? You could be the person we are looking for. We need someone to lead our successful SPARK Social justice project aimed at 18-30 year olds. We have around £10,000 pa available for the next 3 years, which equates to about 2 days per week for someone to provide the services we need to ensure the success of this project.
What we need doing
Often this role can be worked flexibly, with hours and location to suit you. When required, face to face meetings and events will take place within the Leeds diocese and at weekends or evenings. The key qualities and experiences you will need to do this work successfully are:
- COMMUNICATING YOUR PASSION FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE
- A commitment to creating a better world for future generations
- Experience of taking action for social justice at an individual level, or through paid activities
- An understanding and sympathy with the principles of Catholic Social Teaching and how these relate to issues of social justice.
- WORKING WITH SMALL GROUPS
- Experience of working successfully with small issue-based or community development groups.
- Experience of setting up small action-focussed groups
- A working understanding of what makes for an effective group
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Experience of reporting to and managing communications with different stakeholder groups, including external funders
- Creating workplans for the project activities and managing the monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- EVENT ORGANISATION
- Arranging online events and in-person events to support the project outcomes – especially with creative arts professionals.
- Supporting local people in our target age group (what we are calling animators – who will be paid for what they do) to organise their own events online and in-person
- Event marketing -including the use of social media advertising.
How to apply
Download the detailed Terms of Reference for the work that we need doing and submit a response as detailed in that document.
The Closing date for submissions is midnight Wednesday 30 November 2022
An initial response will be sent out by the Commission within one week.
Where we wish to take a submission further then we will arrange a time to meet either in-person at the J&P Office at Hinsley Hall in Leeds or via Zoom.