Talking Heads Project volunteer
We want to make our website more interesting and interactive by adding some ‘talking heads’. These would be various people from across the Diocese of Leeds talking about the social justice issues that concern them and describe the social justice activities going on in their parish.
- Set and undertake both face to face and then video interviews with potential ‘talking heads’ candidates.
- Editing down video material into a usable website video segment
Our own estimate of the time needed to do this is approximately 10 days of effort which could be spread out over a longer period (e.g. 3 months) – but we will be guided by volunteer estimates as well.
• A commitment to social justice issues
• Access to video-making and editing equipment and software. The Commission cannot provide this.
• Experience of making short videos
• Experience of interviewing people
• Some understanding of social justice issues as related to Catholic Social Teaching.
• Experience of uploading videos to YouTube or similar
- An opportunity to develop your interviewing skills
- An opportunity to develop and use your skills in making videos
- An opportunity to develop your skills at editing video material into extracts suitable for use on a website
- An opportunity to use your passion for social justice to help a local campaigning and advocacy organisation